Friday 19 April 2019

Brandy Duque de Veragua Solera Gran Reserva 38%, Álvaro Domecq

Appearance
Very deep brown-mahogany fading to amber with a trace of green at the rim and copper highlights.
Nose
Serious. Thirty years of ageing are really apparent giving a fairly intense and complex aroma with fairly prominent notes of old oak, caramel, toffee, traces of dried fruit, walnut, Oloroso,and hints of brown sugar and bitter orange marmalade all melding together. Full bodied, rich and very Jerezano.
Palate
Fairly sweet on entry then that body comes through but without all the expected tannin. It has a certain dry tannic feel though, and the slight wood notes one would expect but they are by no means excessive and it is actually very smooth with all the sweeter elements of dates, raisins, Oloroso and caramel helping round it off and the finish is fairly dry, very complex and almost interminable.
Comments
This outstanding brandy is distilled from 95% Airén and 5% Palomino grapes in alquitaras and consists entirely of selected holandas. It has an average solera age of 30 years and the butts are very well seasoned with Oloroso mostly for over 100 years. The solera consists of one criadera made up of 600 litre butts which give a gentler initial ageing as the proportion of wood to brandy is less, before the brandy is transferred to the solera which comprises smaller butts of 250 litres which give greater intensity. The Duchy of Veragua was conceded by king Carlos I of Spain to the family of Christopher Columbus in 1537.
Price
39.60 euros, Licores Corredera

2 comments:

  1. He is no scam,i tested him and he delivered a good job,he helped me settle bank loans,he also helped my son upgrade his scores at high school final year which made him graduate successfully and he gave my son free scholarship into the college,all i had to do was to settle the bills for the tools on the job,i used $500 to get a job of over $50000 done all thanks to Walt,he saved me from all my troubles,sharing this is how i can show gratitude in return for all he has done for me and my family

    Gmail; Brillianthackers800@gmail.com
    Whatsapp number; +1(224)2140835

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS TO THE SERVICES OF SPYWEB CYBER SECURITY FOR HELPING ME RECOVER MY USDT AND BTC CRYPTO FUNDS. I’m truly grateful for the services of Spyweb Cyber Security in helping me recover my cryptocurrency funds. I never thought it could be done until I was introduced to Spyweb Cyber Security, their professional and experienced team helped me recover all my USDT and BTC funds that I had lost to a fake investment account. I’m very happy that I could recover my cryptocurrency and I’m highly recommending Spyweb Cyber Security Service to everyone who wishes to recover their cryptocurrency. This is the best cryptocurrency recovery company and I can 100% guarantee your funds will be recovered.

    SPYWEB CYBER SECURITY CAN BE REACHED VIA
    EMAIL: SPYWEB@CYBERDUDE. COM
    WHATS APP: (+1) 323 (904 8824)

    ReplyDelete