El Vino de Jerez Durante 80 Años de la Denominación de Origen 1935-2015 is the title of a scientific conference to be held in Jerez as part of the 80th anniversary celebrations of Spain’s first DO. The conference, organised by the Consejo and the University of Cádiz, will analyse in a scientific manner eight decades of Sherry’s intense and complex history. The event will take place at the Consejo on Thurs. 26th, Fri. 27th and the morning of Sat.28th November.
This important conference will have six central themes:
* The Consejo Regulador and other representative Sherry institutions during the 20th century
* Modernisation of winemaking and technical innovation in the production of Sherry over the last 80 years
* Urban development, renovation of architecture and patrimony of the Sherry bodegas
* Communication and image of Sherry in the last 80 years
* The traditional Sherry markets and their evolution in the last 80 years
* The business structure of the bodegas from 1935 till the present
There will be nine key lectures focusing on and developing these fundamental themes. The event will finish up with two round tables which will be attended by representatives of different aspects of the Sherry business. In parallel with the aforementioned events, there will be various others, such as visits to bodegas and vineyards and tastings which will be included in the programme.
Tickets will go on sale in September at a price of €40 with a 50% discount for students, the retired or unemployed. There will only be places for 100 people. One can participate either as a speaker or as a registered member of the audience. For further information see www.sherry.org/2.0