John Harvey, having taken over the firm, decided to re-name it John Harvey & Sons in 1871, and his two sons, John and Edward worked with him, taking over after his death in 1878. The firm remained in family hands through their sons till 1966. Bristol Cream was registered as a trademark in 1882, and in 1895 they received the Royal Warrant. The XX century saw a younger generation join the firm and much needed modernisation was undertaken. Their first publicity campaign took place.
|The original cellars in Denmark Street 1916|
|Part of the restored Harveys Cellars wine bar|
Amontillado Medium Rich Old Oloroso VORS (solera 1909)
Bristol Cream PX VORS (solera 1919)
The VORS wines were launched as recently as 2008 and in 2016 a new Premium range was launched.
Visits can be arranged by appointment:
C/ San Ildefonso, 3
11403 Jerez de la Frontera, Cadiz
Tel: (+34) 956 151 500
|Bodega La Mezquita|