Wednesday 1 May 2013

PX Romantico 16.5%, Bobadilla

Appearance
Dense blacky walnut brown fading to very dark amber rim, strong legs.
Nose
Lots of pasas (sun-dried grapes), you can smell the pulpy texture of the pasa and even the esparto mats they were sunned on, a trace of honey balances the aroma of oak, trace toffee, but mostly pasas. Lovely.
Palate
Intensely sweet and viscous, again lots of pulpy pasa, the accent being on the fruit - less coffee or licorice in the flavour than some, yet a hint of oak there, soft centred with a crisper woody edge, not terribly old, but serious and very long.
Comments
Lovely wine, presumably bottled direct from the solera unblended. I wonder where that solera is now, Osborne presumably.

I'm afraid I can't include a picture here. I have a label in my flat in Spain, so I'll try to remember to photograph it.

No comments:

Post a Comment